Sunday, May 9, 2010

Being a Mother Couldn't Be Better

How could I not love being a mother?
Seriously, when I look at these pictures and see these beautiful little creations I just melt. Really, how can I not be in love.
The blessings of motherhood are so special to me. The idea of what motherhood would be like quickly changed after having Summer our first. I learned that it is filled with love, laughter, crying, discipline, and a life filled with joyful memories.

The primary kids sang My Mother Dear in sacrament meeting today. At the end when it says mother dear they held up a picture of their mother that they drew last week. Here is Summer's picture of me. She even drew earrings.
This is my first year receiving a Mother's Day gift that she made at preschool. She was so excited to give it to me. I love seeing her face light up like that with so much love, and excitement. We really are so blessed to have her as a part of our family. I am thankful that I have been given the opportunity to be a mother. Hopefully I will be able to be a good one.

This is my mom Karla.
Don't you think we look exactly alike? Most people probably thought I was adopted when I was little. But I don't care. I think we must resemble each other in some way or another.

My mom has been such a great example to me. She has always taken care of us girls, and done all that she could to give us what we needed. She loved us, provided for us, nurtured us, had fun with us, laughed with us, cried with us, and of course taught us.

My mom's mother left when she was young, and never came back. I can't imagine how that must have felt or how she moved on to be such a wonderful mother who was always there. She was, and is so involved in our lives. Growing up I have always thought of my mom as a hard worker. She is happy and lives a good life enjoying her three girls, and 12 grandchildren. She also loves to work in the garden. Something else that requires nurturing and care. I love my mom so much. She really is the best.

My mom does not own a computer, so I will have to let her know that I shared her with everyone. After all, she is a good example and a lovely woman in my life.

I am glad to be a mother and to share parenting with my husband Philip who is an excellent father.

2 comments:

AngiDe said...

What a beautiful post! And even more beautiufl photos of your little ones!

Hope you had a fabulous Mother's Day!

xo

Sara said...

Fun to see all your pictures! I'm glad we were all able to get together. Hope to see ya soon!

~Sara