Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

So normally in the past memorial day has been just an extra day to spend with my husband having a BBQ. I felt a little guilty the other day when I spoke with my mom and she reminded me it was memorial weekend. She told me how she had purchased some nice things to take out to the cemetery for Scott. I did not even think of it. I badly wish I would have been on top of it and sent something for her to take out there for me.

Anyways, I appreciate her doing that for all of our family. It is nice to know that family and friends have stopped out there on occasion to visit and take care of it for us since we are so far away.

In just 3 1/2 weeks we plan to celebrate the one year mark. I should say we plan to celebrate what would be Scott's 1st birthday. We hope to make it special, and to find a way to remember him on his birthday.

We will be thinking of Scott, and all our loved ones today. I will probably watch my videos of Scott, and look at pictures.

Thanks again mom for visiting his graveside for us.

No comments: