Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Latest Craft Projects

As Most of you all know I am way into crafts. I recently got a sewing machine for Christmas, and have been learning how to use it.
One of our friends her in Texas (Jodi) taught me how to make a pillowcase dress for Summer. It was pretty simple, but I definitely needed instruction. Jodi is the type of person who can just look at something, and then sew it. I was inspired by a purse she made that had pleats on it. I decided I would try out my creative side and make a skirt for Summer with no pattern using pleats. This is what I came up with. I am really proud of myself that I was able to come up with something and that it actually turned out decent. Once I made a skirt for myself, and Philip would tell me to only wear it around the house because it looked way to homemade. I admit there were probably strings and seams that were loose and ugly looking. Philip gave his approval on this skirt, and that topped it all off.
I have also been working on several projects for Philip's sister Monica who just had her first baby today. I can't post pictures of them until I send them off to her. Anyhow, I have to say I love crafts.

5 comments:

Brekke said...

I love the skirt! Now I have two things I need you to teach me.

Kaylene said...

It's adorable! When I was little my Mom made a lot of my clothes, I was the cutest girl on the block. :)

Jana said...

that skirt really is cute! nice job! jason really wishes I could sew, but I just don't have any interest in it, but am always impressed by those that do!

Josh, Brooke & Houston said...

Cute...we need to have another craft night so that you can teach me to make something creative!!

monique said...

I wish I were crafty, like you. Looks great!