Friday, January 13, 2012

Happy Birthday Philip

 Philip celebrated his 31st birthday on the 10th. He prefers pie over cake, so I made peach pie which is his favorite. He really enjoyed having his family over for dessert and a couple games of Monopoly the card game. I am determined to beat him at this game one day.

For his birthday the kids gave him a new wallet.  I wanted to give him something special just from me. For the last month or so I have been putting together a set of dates for the year of 2012. I got the idea on pinterest and added my own dates and twists to it. I researched places in the area that we have not been to or that we would like to do. I wanted to keep the dates fun and outside of the box. After compiling all the date ideas I had to get them onto a card or something to put into each envelope that he would be opening at the beginning of each month. I don't have photoshop so I had to resort to powerpoint and clipart to be creative. I still think they turned out pretty good.

Philip loved the gifts and was very impressed with the time and the ideas he now has for at least one date per month. So I have fulfilled my duty of setting up a date each month for a year plus a few bonus dates. Now he has to come up with the rest. I also have a set of family outings we will do with the kids once a month.

I am so happy to be married to this amazing man. He always does his best to keep our family happy. He is very caring towards others and I love that quality in him. I am glad he had a great birthday and that we could share it with him. Love you Philip.

1 comment:

Bryan and Rebekah said...

Bryan also prefers pie over cake:) That is a great idea. I'll have to compile a list when we finally live together. Happy Birthday Philip!