Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Flight, A Wedding, and Bon Jovi

We went to Langley, BC for a wedding last week and this was us on the longest flight of our lives.
It was 9 hours on the same plane without getting off once. It was horrible. Our flight got canceled that morning and we got on a flight that was just a half an hour later, but it was also a 9 hour flight because of the stops it made.

It was action packed as well since on our way from Tulsa, OK to Phoenix a lady across from us got up to use the bathroom and passed out. They had to ask over the intercom for medical doctors in which there were 5 aboard the plane. It turns out she had low blood sugar or something. Anyways, I was glad she was safe and that there were so many people to assist her.

Finally we arrived in Seattle only to learn that Summer's luggage was not there. We waited for it to come in on the next flight and received a voucher for our dilemma since Southwest won't ship luggage into Canada.

We were so happy to be on the road and to finally arrive at grandma and grandpa Harvey's house.

On Saturday the 12th Philip's sister Leanne married Nathan. We look forward to getting to know him more.
Here is the happy couple coming out of the temple. Look at them gleaming.
We especially liked this photo of Nathan. Note: Don't hire Philip as your photographer unless you want some really candid photos.
Summer and her cute little cousin Abby at the reception. I think they were eyeing the cake. At one point Summer brought me a rose and I knew she took it from the cake so of course I made her put it back. I wonder if they poked holes in the cake too.
We made a couple trips to the USA to set up mail service and stuff. Summer sure had a lot of fun in the line up to enter.
Philip and I on the other hand were wishing we had a Nexus pass. We waited about 40 minutes and I am sure that is nothing compared to other days when it is even more backed up. The American flag is just near the pine trees on the right in the far background of the picture.

Once we got home we left the next night to San Antonio to see Bon Jovi in concert. Philip has always wanted to see Bon Jovi, so he finally got his chance.
I am sure he won't be happy I posted this picture but oh well. This is him singing along with the crowd.
Enjoying ourselves.
I must get a camera that takes distant pictures. All of my pictures are horrible and this is the best one it could muster. It was a lot of fun and we are super happy we had the opportunity to go.

With all these awesome events March has gone by fast for us. We move on Saturday and I really hope we are ready by then. Anyways it was fun to enjoy some vacation moments before we take off.

3 comments:

Kristen and Ryan said...

melissa, your hair looks so pretty and long! I still want to see a belly though! I am geting so emotional with hearing about your move. weird huh? I have no idea why. but good luck with the move and keep blogging all the adventures! miss you so much!

Jana said...

Lol, I was just going to say the same thing as Kristen. I love your hair! You look so pretty in the Bon Jovi picture. AND WHERE IS A CUTE BELLY PICTURE?

Erekson's said...

Looks like you had a blast. I'm so excited for you guys to move to Langley, I miss it so much. We'll have to hang out next time I come up, just like we did way back in Rexburg;0) Good luck with the move