Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Happy Birthday Summer!

Happy Birthday Summer
Five years ago today Summer was born on her aunt Leanne's birthday. We are so lucky to have Summer in our family as healthy as can be. Of course we are super grateful for her aunt too. Happy Birthday Leanne.

Really, where has the time gone. I can hardly believe that she is five already. She is so excited to start kindergarten. While I am excited for her, at the same time I am still a little sad that she is not the tiny little toddler or baby I remember. She is a little girl who is growing fast, and I want to enjoy every moment with her along the way.

I was going to post a picture of every year, however, I didn't prepare for this post in advance, and I need to search for them all. So here are a few of her first year, the only ones I actually did scrapbook.
This is when her dad was still in School at BYU-Idaho. We use to walk to the Hart building and meet up for lunch. Sometimes Phil and Summer would play while I went downstairs to work out.
Summer was so entertained by the ribbon on her 1st birthday present. She played with that thing for a few weeks before I finally threw it away.
This was in the summer when we were here in Houston doing Phil's internship with Merrill Lynch.

I could not keep Summer out of the drawers. She would climb in any drawer she could find including the oven drawer (when the oven was off of course).

Summer has had all of her birthday's here in Houston. What a lucky little lady.

And, now we skip all the way to the present, or at least more recent photos.
Summer is four here. We had just been playing in the splash fountains at Discovery Green. She sure does love playing in the water. She is getting pretty good at swimming and is learning every day.
Summer blowing out all five of her candles for her 5th birthday. Notice the leaning tour of cake. I forgot to put the egg in and so it just wanted to crumble. I am obviously not meant to be a pastry chef.

I will add however, that the cupcakes you see do have the egg and turned out nicely. Head over to my craft blog to see more about the rainbow cupcakes and party favors.
Summer loves going to playgroup now that school is out. Again, she also really loves water, so what better fun than running through the water.

So, there you have it. A little bit of Summer's life and the fun we have had. We really do love her so much and are so proud of her. One very rewarding thing about being a parent is to see them learn, grow, and achieve different milestones.

1 comment:

Sharlee said...

Melissa...YOU are so creative! Summer is lucky that you're her mom...miss you!