Thursday, January 7, 2010

Ringing in the New Year!!



Well, we had a pretty uneventful New Years Eve. The only thing that was of interest or concern rather was Summer enjoying the New Years.

Summer decided to ring in the New Year by chopping off her hair. What a wonderful way to celebrate huh. Yeah right! Actually I am lucky that it was not that bad.

During dinner I looked at Summer as her hair brushed her neck. I noticed a rather fresh cut in her hair and it was much shorter than the last. Immediately I knew she had cut it. I told her to turn her head and that is how we confirmed it. She didn't want to admit it at first, however, after realizing that she would get into far more trouble by lying she confessed. The poor 4 year old probably thought that she made a marvelous change in her play salon. I asked her where the hair was that she cut, and she directed me to her garbage can in her bathroom.
Seriously we are so lucky that it was only this much. Unfortunately I will never ever forget the day that I did the same thing only way worse and to my cousins hair. I was at her house playing, and I suppose we were playing salon or something. Well, I decided it would be glamorous to cut my cousin's ponytail off. I can't quite remember if it was up half way or if it was a full ponytail. All I remember was her mom coming home. I am pretty sure we both got in loads of trouble from that. I felt so bad, and it still haunts me to this day.

Luckily Hair does grow back, but for some unfortunate children who decide to cut their own hair it really stinks. I have seen some pretty bad self haircuts, but I still don't think they top cutting a ponytail off.


No comments: