Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Summer's New Haircut



Philip has been wanting me to get Summer's hair cut for a while now, but I was to chicken. I finally decided one day when she would not let me comb her hair that was full of snarls that it was time. I took her today and she was excited until the lady started cutting. Maybe she thought that because it was a pair of scissors they were going to hurt her. I have not idea. She cried through the whole thing, but it all worked out in the end. I think it will be a great memory for her to relive once and a while.


I love her hair, because I think it will be easy to comb through, and it is a fun change. The salon was really cute; they had little beds to lay them on to wash their hair, and special chairs to sit them on. Also they put Dora the Explorer on, but that did not seem to help either. I wish the salon was that entertaining for me. Usually it is just awkward conversation with the stranger cutting my hair. We will see in the days to come if short hair is more of a challenge or not.

11 comments:

NapoleansDeb said...

Summer's haircut is so cute-I love it! The blog is also really cute. keep the posts coming.
-Tara S

Jason said...

Hey Melissa! I'm so glad you have joined the blogging club! i love it! You look great and your little girl is so cute! This is Amy by the way.

Monique said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you have a blog now! I love looking at your pictures! Well, Summer is so cute :) And, I too love her haircut. It's adorable!

Brooke said...

Haircuts are always fun...but like you said, it worked out well. I really love the style it is cut in, I wish I could get my hair to do that!! I love your background, you need to help me make mine all cute like yours.

Brekke said...

Summer's haircut is darling! She's such a cute girl.

Leanne said...

i also love summers hair cut and YOURS!! you look so good! love ya

~Ali said...

love the new blog! and love the new do!

nat & ben said...

Summer is so cute. Welcome to the blogging world.

Jill and Ryan said...

I love her hair. It is so cute. Like I said her face needs to be on a cereal box. You should look into it. If you want to check out our blog it is www.ocoilrulz.blogspot.com

Hope your doing well.

susannah said...

How sassy, I love it!!
Sorry about today, I didn't expect Nelson for lunch but I'll take him whenever he can be at home during the day!! I'm glad you started a blog, now you have a place to post pictures of everything you create!

Emma said...

It's so cute! I found your blog on Heather R's!