Monday, February 21, 2011

Bittersweet Move


Well our time here in Houston has come to a bittersweet end. Philip has accepted a job offer in Vancouver, British Columbia. We will be moving there at the end of March. It is so soon I can't believe it.
We are super sad to leave our friends here who have really become our family away from our family. We love them all so much and it will be hard to leave. There are also a lot of things I will really miss about Houston too. A few of them include our friends, Philip's co-workers, the zoo, Pappasitos, brisket because I don't think they sell it up North, the elementary school Summer' attends, her teacher of course, Brazo's Bend the alligator park, and the list goes on.

Although we are leaving these wonderful things we are also moving to a place with a lot of perks. The first being closer to family, and look in the picture below and tell me what you see.
Yes, those are mountains in the distance. It is absolutely beautiful there. I will have to buy some rain boots to keep my feet and pants dry though. Although there will probably be an increase in spiders, I don't think I will see too many roaches or silverfish. Those I definitely will not miss.
I have been to Vancouver several times since being married to Philip. Still I have not seen half of it. There are these amazing gardens I would love to see.
Too bad that won't be my back yard.
The fun suspension bridges. I have been on one of them, but I am pretty sure it was not this one since this one looks really big.

Summer will have to change schools two months before she will finish kindergarten, but I am sure she will do fine. We will also be having our 3rd baby 2 1/2 months after we move. I am a little nervous about that especially because I really like my doctor here. He was the one that delivered Scott and knows all about the high risk stuff for me during pregnancy. It will work out and I will find a doctor who is capable of delivering a healthy baby.

Clearly moving to Canada might have some influence on my kids. I am sure they will have a Canadian accent and when we visit the States people will point it out to them. I wonder if Philip will get some of his back. Although we will be in Canada I we will always have American/Canadian pride in our home. I am going to have to invest in some American History books so I can make sure my kids know that stuff since it is part of who they are. We will definitely be waving the grand old flag at our house.
We look forward to this new chapter in our lives. Anyhow, if anyone ever wants to come and visit this wonderful place please feel free to come. You will have so much fun.

12 comments:

Baby Makes Three said...

So happy that you get to be closer to family! We need to get together before you leave!

Sara said...

Melissa, I'm really excited for you guys! It looks absolutely beautiful there!! Good luck with the move, especially since your pregnant...that always makes things a little bit more exhausting :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is so awesome! I know you guys will be happy up there. Wish you were moving to Utah! :) We moved to UT when I was 6 months pregnant and everything worked out fine - I was also so sad to leave Dr. P. Good luck!

Jen said...

I can't believe it! You won't be that far away from us; however Eric is interviewing for a job in Charelston SC in two weeks. Moving and being pregnant doesn't sound exciting to me. I am just a few days due after you.
Well I hope it all goes smoothly and you find a doctor you like.
Love ya!

Travis and Sharis Schaat said...

Thats so cool! I hear that place is BEAUTIFUL! I would love to come visit you!! I'm so excited for your new baby, and I'm sure Summer will adjust quickly! Good luck!

Jeppesen Family said...

Congrats! We are all ready planning our drive up to see you. My kids are so excited!

Unknown said...

Wow! Good for you guys. Moving closer to family will be such a blessing for you guys. I know it will be hard to leave Dr. P, I have considered coming back if I were to have another one just for him. Happy packing!

Erin said...

We're so happy for you guys but I am a little emotional thinking about you leaving Houston. We love you guys. Good luck with everything! Oh, I have been to those gardens and they are BEAUTIFUL!

Monique said...

That is a big move, but we'll be so happy to have you so much closer to us! It's so pretty up here and I'm really excited for you guys... A little rainy, but you get used to it. Also, I don't remember if I commented on your last post, but congratulations on a baby boy! That's so wonderful. There's so much going on for you! You'll do great. Good luck on your move :) Keep us posted!

Rebecca said...

After seeing those gorgeous pictures of Canada I will definately have to make a trip up there!!! Goodluck with the move.

krystyn said...

oh CANADA!!!! yeah, we're so excited for you guys! that's awesome, and maybe we will get to see you more now! good luck with the prego packing, that stinks. can't wait!!!

Brooke said...

That is so cool, now you will be closer to us! So if you guys want to take a trip to Alaska sometime, just let us know!! Good luck with the move!