Thursday, January 6, 2011

Christmas 2010

I have been such a procrastinator with posting on my blog. So much has happened, and finally I am going to update mostly with pictures.

Aunt Laurel and Uncle Aaron came to visit us over Christmas from Vancouver, BC. It sure was nice to have family in town for the holiday. They were so nice too because they played a lot with Summer and inspired me to try a little harder to play with her more often. Here they are having a picnic.
Decorating sugar cookies with the family and the missionaries. Well, the missionaries stopped by to share a quick message and we gave them several of our sugar cookies because we had a ton.
Summer loved decorating. She loved putting a ton of frosting on each cookie. She was very particular making sure to get a little or a lot of each and every color on the cookies.
I thought I took a picture of the one she put so much frosting on that it turned brown with all the color mixing. It was fun to see her enjoy it so much.
Enjoying the heap of frosting with the tiny cookie underneath. Her shirt enjoyed it too.
Christmas Eve we went to the Houston Zoo to see the new African Forest that opened a few weeks prior.
Summer and Aunt Laurel banging on the conga drums. We also saw several chimps as well as rhinos. I could go and sit at the zoo in front of the chimps or the aragutan and just watch for a long time. They are definitely the most playful animals at the zoo.
This is not part of the African Forest since they are Asian elephants. The babies are so adorable. I love to go watch them play.
Phil's family has a tradition of tacos for Christmas eve dinner. I decided we should go to Papasitos to keep the tradition and share some of our favorite food here in Houston. I am really going to miss this place when we eventually move. Oh yeah, these to men came to our table and serenaded us.
Christmas morning I had to take a classic picture of Summer coming down the stairs.
Summer finding a note from Santa and the cookies and milk missing. She was so excited to see them gone.
Showing off her new pajamas and slippers. I hope it gets cold here so she can wear them a few more times.
All she really wanted Santa to bring her was a big girl doll like the American Girl doll her older cousin has. Well Santa did deliver on her wish, however, he went the inexpensive route which is a good thing because I predict some massive tangles coming on in all that hair of hers.
Here she is with her doll. Since Santa told me what he planned to bring her I went ahead and made these pajamas, slippers, and a dress for her doll. She loves it and sleeps with her every night.

Phil getting his lego on. He loves lego especially the Star Wars versions.
In the final days of their stay Aunt Laurel was nice enough to give Summer a pedicure. She even made it fun by pretending they were at a real salon and explained the whole process to her. Maybe I should have Summer give one to me now.

Anyhow, we had a lot of fun having family here and enjoying Christmas festivities. We are so thankful for our Savior Jesus Christ and for the blessing it is to know the true meaning of Christmas. We hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and enjoy a new year filled with happiness.

2 comments:

Bryan and Rebekah said...

I'm glad you had a fun Christmas with family:) Love all the pictures!

Erekson's said...

I love it! Especially the Legos Josh also loves Legos. Our kids also love to play with him, they'll sit for hours and build with him. I'm glad to see another grown man have fun with them.